Thursday 8 November 2012

Updates, Apologies and Greg Christie's Fear and Loathing

Hey Folks,
First off you may have noticed the disturbing lack of updates on the blog lately, this is due mainly to my internet access only working sporadically over the last few weeks. My first thoughts were that it was my router playing up and after numerous back and fourths between myself and the so called customer service department of my ISP, I finally convinced them to send a replacement. Lo and behold after setting it up yesterday, no more problems.
So apologies on the lack of content lately and I'll be doing my utmost in the coming weeks to make up for it.

So onto the second item; Last show we mentioned that Greg Christie from twitchfilm.com had contacted us to let us know he had a new series of Fear and Loathing articles about to start over at Twitch, and I was supposed to have had a link up for you folks after the show, obviously due to the previously mentioned connectivity issues this never happened, so without further ado here's the link to the first part:

http://twitchfilm.com/2012/10/fear-loathing-the-2012-philadelphia-film-festival-part-i-boozie-movies-returns-and-goes-to-hell-lite.html

To my mind Greg's the best film related journalist/writer/satirist around at the moment and if you've read his work before then you'll know why. If you're new to his stuff then I'll say only that you're in for a treat and a maybe a bit of "what the hell did I just read?".
The man really should be writing modern noir novels (hell for all I know he already is) as his work kinda puts me in mind of Charlie Huston and believe me that's high praise.
Anyways check out the link and let us know what you think. Enjoy.

- Research Monkey

No comments:

Post a Comment